1. Choosing a career is simple.
2. A career counselor can tell me what career to pick.
3. I can't make a living from my hobby.
4. I should choose a career from a "Best Careers" list.
5. Making a lot of money will make me happy.
6. Once I choose a career, I'm stuck with it forever.
7. If I change careers, my skills will go to waste.
8. If my best friend or a family member is happy in a field, I will be.
9. Once I choose a career, everything will fall into place.
10. I can't really learn about a career without doing it.
Source: Ten Myths About Choosing a Career by Dawn Rosenberg McKay http://careerplanning.about.com/